We implement our mission by adopting strategies that we have set out for the following areas:
- With due care we ensure that incidents and accidents are avoided where possible.
- We provide good information about every aspect concerning safety to all ship and shore personnel.
- We ensure that vessels, ship and shore personnel comply with international legislation, regulations and requirements.
- We reach agreements about repairs and maintenance of ships in time to encourage zero defects and to protect against corrosion, and to make sure the ships look good and well maintained.
- We share our operational experiences with all parties concerned.
- We ensure that the voyages are completed with the lowest possible risk of delays that are attributable to bad weather.
- We make sure that the maximum speed is available continuously.
- By increasing the time between the maintenance stops we ensure that the total operating costs of the vessels are reduced constantly.
- Relevant key figures are analysed with due care with the aim to improve productivity on board.
- We ensure compliance with existing national and international legislation regarding air and sea pollution.
- Within the entire organisation there is a high level of awareness in respect of protecting the natural environment in which we operate.
- We conduct an active policy to encourage developments that contribute to an environmentally friendly working method.
- We do so by making systematic use of energy technologies that ensure maximum benefits against minimum expenditure on costs and resources.
- There is plenty of attention to preventive monitoring of pollution and possible implications of future legislation at sea.
- Our business operations are in accordance with ISO 14001 procedures for tankers.
- We ensure compliance with national and international safety-related legislation and bilateral agreements that are reached by the profit centres.
- We ensure that all activities on board are performed to minimise the safety risks.
- All available technical functions on board must be effective in limiting security risks to personnel, the vessel and the cargo - at sea and in the port.